WHY I MAKE STUFF...
- My work pours from the desire to tear down walls and facades and reshape society into a honest and trusting community of humans.
- I find extreme joy in connecting people and spurring mutually beneficial relationships.
- It is an artist's job to create our version of the world and spread that template as far as we can reach in hopes it catches.
- I am especially interested in the intersection of various art forms and how they can work together to express and touch.
RANDOM STUFF I'VE DONE...
- taught adults with cerebral palsy
- cut lenses for glasses
- performed at the Lyric Opera of Chicago
- taught theater to street children in the Philippines
- studied at a professional musical theater training center in New York City
- taught swing dance
- performed with and production managed a multi-million dollar murder mystery dinner theater company
- created a new play festival during which over 70 artists ate, slept, rehearsed, and performed in an old church
- taught creative writing in the Chicago Public Schools
- been in a rock band
- puppeteered a 30 foot whale for an Andrew Bird Concert
- made a life sized puppet replica of myself
- performed on notable Chicago stages including Pritzker Pavillion in Millenium Park, the Field Museum, The Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Double Door